How can your body become too acidic?
When someone eats a lot of sugar and foods containing sugar eg processed foods (packaged cereals, biscuits, cakes, desserts, chocolate, lollies, muslie bars, commercially prepared fruit juices, soft drinks, energy and sports drinks) or has consumed too much alcohol (which again has a lot of sugar) and coffee the body becomes acidic.
How do I know if my body has become acidic?
Symptoms such as joints becoming painful and niggly, skin break-outs or itchy skin, urinary tract infections or cystitis, tired, feeling lethargic and headaches, increased mucous from nose or lungs.
What are the long-term effects of an over acidic body?
If an over-acidic state is left for a period of time, the body by its natural protective process will start leaching calcium from your bones to help alkalise your blood. This can then lead to bone degeneration such as arthritis, joint inflammation, stiff fingers and knees and over time can contribute to osteoporosis. Also, with the shift of calcium from the bones into the blood stream it can then be deposited where it’s not supposed to be, such as arteries and can affect the blood vesicles in the brain. Or calcium can end up in kidneys as stones.
Acidity also leads to the deterioration of the health of every cell in your body. Acidity fuels inflammation in the body. And inflammation is like rust to your cells. Overtime your cells break down, aging and deteriorating the health of your cells faster.
Can I test my body’s acidity/alkalinity?
If there is an acidity/alkalinity imbalance, the Asyra Bio-resonance will pick it up during your testing. Another way to check the balance is with pH test strips, and test your saliva. The optimal number is a pH 7.4
How can I get my body back to being more alkaline?
• The easiest way is to reduce the sugar laden, processed foods listed above
• It is well known that gluten (wheat, rye, oats and barley) and dairy products can be inflammatory for a lot of people. If you suspect this could be the case for you, trial 2 weeks of no gluten or dairy and see how you feel. Contact me and I can provide you with a list of foods that make fantastic alternatives to these 2 food groups. This is essentially following a “paleo” way of eating. Also what I call “Protein and Plant Matter Eating ”
• have lots of veggies and salads – particularly green veggies & salads.
• Green juices are also very alkalising – blitz any combination of green veggies and salad, add some spirulina or chlorella for extra benefit
• Drink 2 litres of filtered water each day.
• Adding the juice of ½ a lemon to a glass of warm water first thing in the morning is great to help alkalise the body, also a gentle liver cleanse and boosts digestive function, and breaks down mucous congestion as well
• A good bi-carb soda (not the blue box of McKenzies baking powder from the cooking ingredients aisle at the supermarket – I’ve been told it still contains aluminium) – “Safe Soda” or “Luvin Life Bi-carb Soda” are pharmaceutical grade bi-carb soda brands that are brilliant for really bringing down the acidity. Contact me if you’d like more information on either of those products and I’ll point you in the direction of how you can order it online from the supplier
My favourite alkalising juice: Celery, cucumber, apple and mint
Celery is an all-time remedy to reduce inflammation, particularly arthritis; it is also alkalising and can flush fluid retention. Cucumber does the same. The apple makes the juice taste sweet, and the pectin in the apple helps to bind to any toxins that are being released. Mint is cooling and soothing for the digestive system. If you don’t have a juicer at home, next time you’re out buy yourself a juice instead of a coffee. Your body will love you for it!