Five Reasons why you should exercise regularly
- 1. Exercise helps you to manage your weight effectively
- 2. Exercise combats health conditions and disease – “cardio” exercise to help improve overall fitness and heart health; helps to regulate blood glucose levels to prevent or manage diabetes
- 3. Exercise improves mood. Need an emotional lift ?
4. Exercise boosts energy and boosts your metabolism
Did you know that after the age of 20 your metabolism starts to slow down to 1 to 2% decrease per decade. That might not seem like a lot – But at age 40 you’d have to eat 300 calories less per day to weigh what you did at age 20.
5. Exercise is anti-aging. Building muscle mass is the best way to increase your own HgH (Human Growth Hormone) also known as a major anti-aging hormone
If you haven’t exercised for a long time – start small and build up as your fitness and strength builds – start with a gentle walk 20-30 minutes per day.
Do something FUN – pick an exercise you enjoy, or join a group
Mix it up – choose a couple of types of exercise and do different activities on different days
Doing some form of exercise regularly ie every day will give you the best results in the fastest time frame.
Tip #5 – Get your body moving – everyday! Find something FUN that you will want to keep doing.